Friday, November 16, 2007

Possible delay!

Bad news today: the numbers issued to traveling families needed to get my visa were not received by the Kazakhstan consulate in New York this week. During the course of the week, it was decided that my group was leaving on Monday, Nov. 26th (instead of arriving then), but now that date could be up in the air too :( because no number, no visa-- no visa, no travel. The only good news: my agency has gone into high gear trying to get the numbers issued, and hopefully this will all be resolved on Monday.

7 comments:

Deborah Taub said...

boo hiss! Jeannine that is such miserable news. I am so sorry. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the delay is minimal.

Karen said...

It's always something isn't it? Darn, darn, darn.

Amy said...

Man what a bummer. I want to find out if it is going to be Niamh or Daniel already for crying out loud. Hang in there - the wait is almost over - if you are really feeling down you can just be glad you are not me....I am still waiting for my dossier to get to the MOE. Now don't you feel better?

Angela said...

That really stinks. I hope there is a speedy resolution here . . . you are so close!

Angela said...

And, the money is all ironed and everything!

Sam said...

ech. hurry up and wait as usual! hang in there!

Unknown said...

Poop..............This is the hardest... all the stuff that is out of your control. Hang in there though...KimP