Monday, January 7, 2008

The reviews are in-- my shower was fantastic!















On Saturday, my sister Ann (that's her in the blue, in the top pic), my mom and my Aunt Connie hosted a baby shower for me--and let me tell you, Noelle now has everything a little girl could ask for! Okay, there was no pony, but she still did pretty darn good. She got tons of clothes that will put her on the "best dressed" lists for years to come. She also got some of the good old standby's-- a stroller, 2 car seats, an exersaucer/activity table, bath toys, blankets, stuffed animals-- you name it! Each of the guests also brought their favorite book, to help me get Noelle's library started, and Ann got me the cutest bookcase ever, in the shape of a doll house. Ann and my friend Debbie also collaborated on a wonderful scrapbook for Noelle with pictures and excerpts from my blog. And Debbie and her husband Chris have made Noelle a little storybook about how she ended up my daughter-- it is amazing! Chris even made me a CD, setting the pages of the book to music. I have very cool family and friends :) And speaking of cool, proof positive that adoptive parents are some of the coolest people out there, my friend Holly, who adopted Foxx at the same time I adopted Noelle, even sent me a gift!
Everyone's generosity was overwhelming-- thank you so much! I am very lucky to have all of you in my (and Noelle's) life.

P.S.-- check out the photos of the tables! We put together a travel theme-- little suitcases, filled with baby gear, luggage tags inscribed with Noelle's name & the date, and these great passports we put together with Noelle's picture, birth date, adoption date etc. It all looked so great!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The scrapbook and personal story book are amazing gifts. You do have a great set of friends and family!

Karen said...

Way cool stuff, the centerpiece suitcase is so darn cute. Noelle is definitely set for life.

Susan said...

those are such incredible gifts--you do have very very special friends.
Noelle is coming into a very blessed life indeed. :)

Deborah Taub said...

It was a gorgeous shower! And gosh your friend Debbie just rocks (just kidding).

We can't wait to meet Noelle.

Regina said...

What a lovely shower! Your family and friends seem so very thoughtful and Noelle will surely be a pampered little princess!

dnd82001 said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time at your shower and wow what great family and friends - you and Noelle are truly blessed!

Have good travels and congratulations on your new additon!

Darlene