Tuesday, September 18, 2007

And this is what it looks like now!


Clearly, it is a good thing that I am not getting my LOI anytime soon-- just look at this place!! And I am getting less organized instead of more.. I have 5 suitcases of varying sizes going right now-- 3 that could be checked baggage and 2 that could be carryons.. More actually, if you include the computer bag that was part of my original carry-on plan and the diaper bag I will bring on the 2nd trip.. So, every few days, I try to fit all of my stuff into these bags, I measure them, I try to lift them, I check off things on my packing list.. And every few days, I am sent to the depths of despair by the realization that the solution that I was convinced was going to be perfect(!) has somehow been twarted by the regulations of an airline or by the suitcase itself.. Anyway, when I walked into the room last night I saw this mess, I just had to laugh-- and I thought some of you might too..

3 comments:

Deborah Taub said...

:) LOL That is a very scary sight. Should I add that you need to be weighing that luggage also? How long do you anticipate being in Kaz? Just curious. Also, I hate to bring this up because I recall the disaster that ensued last time we came to visit--but Chris and I will be there in two weeks. eeek! Putting a positive spin on it--I think you should market the room as an obstacle course of luggage fun!

You are doing such an amazing job keeping your sense of humor during some potentially insane and trying times---maybe this is all a part of the agency's strategy to ensure that you will be a fabulous parent.

Jeannine said...

I like the idea for the luggage obstacle course! And don't worry about your visit, though all three of us might just end up sleeping in my room..

Matthew Ruley said...

How fun. Yes, we have packed and unpacked and repacked and bought more things and unpacked and took inventory and made lists and repacked and bought more and now we have more to pack. Pack pack pack.

One bag is now officially packed and NOT being opened until we are there. Somehow we hope to go with 2 large checked bags and 2 carryons and 2 strollers only. I think its a pipe dream.

The BEST thing for us were space bags - they really work. Anything squishable becomes half its size. All our rooms have looked like yours several times, and it is an obsticle course!! I'll send you my packing list if you send me yours! ruley at tampabay.rr.com