Thursday, September 6, 2007

It's like a day at the spa: Virgin Atlantic-- Upper Class, of course!

Yesterday, I handed off my visa application to the travel agent who will be helping with my travel arrangements. When I was in her office, we started discussing some options for the plane flights and Katerina recommended flying Virgin Atlantic. My sister has frequent flyer miles I hoped to use on at least one flight, so I started to do a little research and I found the heaven of all air travel. Even before you get on the plane, Virgin offers a chauffered car service to deliver you to and from the airport.. Every first class (or "upper class" as they call it with a cheery British accent) passenger actually gets a little "suite" to call their own.. The seat flips over and converts to a fully-flat bed, which comes complete with a turn-down service (probably a mint, too!) And then there smaller amenities like gourmet meals, personal in-flight entertainment, complimentary cocktails. And the piece de resistance: spa services on the plane! Girlfriend can get a manicure and a massage on her way to Kaz! It doesn't get better than that..
The bad news? I probably won't ever even see "upper class".. Ann only has enough miles to get me as far as London. Because I will actually be dealing with 2 airline carriers, I will need more miles than usual-- 90k for Virgin, plus however many miles the other airline requires (I couldn't even figure that one out.)

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I like the idea of getting a mani and pedi on the way to Kaz! Can I sign up too!

Sonya

Deborah Taub said...

That sounds great! But, does that mean that from London to Kaz you are in the cattle car? Just curious.