Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Long Awaited Update!

I had an email from my agency this morning (acutally dated Friday-- kudos to them for beating the deadline I set without even knowing it!) This is the story: the agency coordinator in Kaz met with an official of the Ministry of Education last week and reports that the Karaganda region will be "opening" on adoption in a week.. At that point, files should start to move, and the coordinator is encouraged that families will start to travel.. What does that mean to me? I still don't know.. It all depends on what's been happening with my file for the past two months.. I've reached out the agency to see if they know if I am still at the starting point (which is where I was at the end of July, a month after my dossier was submitted), nearing the end or somewhere in between.. I'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Good news. Hope your dossier is first in line. I look forward to hearing what's next.

Karen

Chris Sullivan said...

I hope yours is on the top of the pile at MOE! Keep us informed.
Debbie

AFlynn said...

Yeah!!!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow. Can't wait to hear that you get that call. Have you heard that its at the MOE?

You are so funny! I just read your comment on my blog about your cleaning out the baby closet - and that your baby won't need your old bridesmaids gowns! Too cute.

Sonya said...

Hi Jeannine -

That is good news! I am keeping my fingers crossed...that's for sure!

Keep me posted!

Sonya