Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Applying for a visa-- am I going to be able to charge with this one??

More from the paperwork front-- I have started the process to apply for a visa to travel to Kazakhstan. No, that doesn't my travel is imminent, but I am getting all of my ducks in a row.. Katarina from Panorama Travel in NYC is helping me out. I have to give her my application for my visa, my original passport (a little scary), a picture and a check (of course). She will hold all until I receive my Letter of Invitation (LOI) to travel. This is the real thing-- I have to be able to tell Katarina if anyone will be traveling with me (no) and how many trips I will be taking (right now, its 2 but I change my mind every day!).

7 comments:

Deborah Taub said...

Nice title! You are just so witty. Thanks for the pep talk tonight---you are going to be such a great mom.

AFlynn said...

Will this travel agent be able to work with the travel points? Also if someone decides to go with you...do you know what that would entail? Shots? Visas? Hw quickly could arrangements be made if someone where to join you?

AFlynn said...

How do I set this as my home page?

Jeannine said...

Hey, guys..
Ann-- to set this as your homepage, go to "Tools" on your menu on the top of the page, select "Internet Options" and there is a line to enter the website for your homepage. Put in "http://niamhordaniel.blogspot.com" and it should work.
Re: the visas, I don't know how much time it takes to get the visa, but it was one of my questions to ask.. And there is all that time in between now and when I actually get the LOI for someone to decide.. No shots required, just recommended.. Katarina and I are going to have another discussion next week when she gets back from vacation, and that is when I was going to broach the issue of using the miles.. If I only have yours, we will have longer to work on it 'cause it will be for the 2nd trip.. The visa process is the application, your passport, and $130.

Karen said...

Hi Jeannine:

You visited my blog and now I'm stopping by yours. You're a little further along in the process then we are, but hopefully we'll all be parents by end of the year. BTW I'm also from LI—grew up in S. Bellmore. Live now in the Twin Cities.

Best of luck to you.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Hey. We're adopting from Kaz, too, and are preparing to travel! I hope all goes well!

Deborah Taub said...

Am I allowed to vote multiple times? I worry that my choice is no longer leading as strongly as I want it to. Anne, you might go to Kaz?! That would be so cool. If I hadn't already used up all of my vacation and then some I'd do it!