Thursday, August 2, 2007

Where or Where has my paperwork gone? Where or where can it be?

Okay, so this is the update on my dossier: nothing is happening with it.. My agency confirms that it is still in the initial stages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which is where it has been since late June. Of course, the holiday has a lot to do with that-- everyone in Kaz took a few weeks off in July. Now, don't get me wrong-- that is a system I could get behind if it weren't affecting me so negatively! But since it means nobody is reviewing my file, I think it stinks.. Still more conflicting information about the "closure" of Karaganda. A woman posting on the Yahoo boards printed what she says is an email from the Embassy in Kaz which says that Karaganda has been closed to American adoption since Spring 2007 because approximately 100 post placement reports are outstanding from American parents. This is, of course, the same rumor that has been floating out there for several months. I was upset, though, when I saw it said that the region has been closed since Spring. I realize, however, that I have read of other families who have adopted in Karaganda over the past few months-- so again, the info is very conflicting.

Incidentally, there was quite a lively "debate" on the boards about people who didn't, for various reasons, file their post placement reports. Whatever their reasons for not filing, I hope it is resolved soon-- and I promise I will file mine in a timely manner, so no other parents have to wait like this!!

4 comments:

Matthew Ruley said...

Hey looks like you are progressing nicely! We are also adopting from Kaz and waiting.

Deborah Taub said...

Hey Darlin'
First I need to tell you I am done with this posting--I want a new one. Second, LOVE the voting--any votes on there (don't know if it is anonymous or not) from me are actually from people I polled at training this week. I'll add more as the world continues. :)

Deborah Taub said...

nieve (4)
traditional (1)
change it to O'Brien
neeve (1)
Neive (1)


From a group of teachers who are concerned about reading that name the first day of school or teaching her to read her name.


My vote: spell it the traditional way but i wanted you to have lots of opinions.

Jeannine said...

Hey, Deb-- I tried to add in the "Nieve" option (i before e, except after c!), but the poll wouldn't let me.. And yet it leads in the polling-- very interesting..