Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Mickey loves the name Niamh!





I am back in New York tonight, after a whirlwind (and at times, endless) trip to Florida and Walt Disney World. Disney was fun but extremely hot and extremely exhausting!! I was pretty good about not buying souvenirs for a child who I won't be meeting for months (more on that in my next post), but I couldn't resist the Mickey & Minnie Mouse ears.. And the lady who does the monogramming didn't even bat an eyelash when I spelled Niamh's name-- they have to get some crazy names in their line of work.. Or maybe it was that she just didn't care (ha!).. Anyway, during our tour around Epcot we found that Niamh was not the craziest Gaelic name I could have found-- in the Great Britain area, we found a store that did monogramming, family crests, that kind of thing and on the "N" page, we found a name that I cannot even begin to spell or pronounce.. So, I think I am going to find that name again, and if Niamh ever complains about not liking her name, I will tell her that this other name was the other option! (This manner of deception is a family tradition, actually-- my parents used to torture one of my brothers by telling him he was supposed to be named "Snow Pony" or something crazy like that..) If Daniel complains, I'll just tell him that the other option was "Niamh"!

No comments: