Monday, July 9, 2007

The Internet is a small world...

I got a little bit of a surprise today when I logged into my blog-- I found out that someone other than my sister was reading it! None of my family or friends know this exists yet; I really set it up and started posting to make sure I knew how to do it before I traveled halfway around the world.

And not only is someone else reading my blog, he has put a link from his blog to mine, so the pressure is on! The connection between me and Matty (that's his name) is Children at Heart, my adoption agency-- many of Matty's siblings were adopted via Children at Heart, including a little sister from Kazakhstan.. I love hearing stories of other adoptive families: how they found their children, how that little boy or girl born thousands of miles away is just the child that was meant to find his or her way into a house in upstate New York, or Ohio or California.. It makes my heart full and more than just a little giddy at the prospect of the little boy or little girl who will be entering my life in just a few short months..

So, I tip my hat (imagine I have a hat--play along!) to Matty & his family, and all of the other adoptive families out there. I also thank the parents who have written blogs before me.. (Is it me or is this starting to sound like an awards ceremony acceptance speech??) Seriously, the blogs are full of sooooo much practical information for those of us who still have yet to travel, and the pictures of the kids-- their eyes bright, laughing at the antics of their new mommies and daddies-- are inspirational.. So, thank you-- and I hope my words can live up to the standard that has been set!

No comments: