Monday, July 16, 2007

Presents!


By the way, probably the best part pre-baby is now I get presents! Okay, really only Ann and Debbie have given me presents, but they are great ones!
These are a couple of the presents Ann has given me-- a soft hippo lovey, from the same line of loveys that has given my neice Grace "Kitty", my nephew Tommy "Lion" and Ronan "Doggy".. We're creative with the names in my family, aren't we? So, it will probably be called "Hippo".. And I lots of great books, thanks to Ann and Debbie.. Pictured here are the classic "Runaway Bunny" and a great book specifically written for adopted children called "Over the Moon." I haven't taken pictures of any of the books that Debbie sent, but I must tell you all that she wrapped all of them in maps (get it-- maps, traveling to Kaz?) and I thought that was very creative.. Ann & I had just been talking about using maps somehow in the shower invitations in the days before I got the big box, so it was very appropriate.. The books are a great mix of educational and fun books, including my childhood favorite "The Monster at the End of this Book" (Grover is the star, remember that book?) And Debbie also gave me a soft, cushy green baby blanket, which is adorning the crib (I think you can see it in the picture below of the crib), and a big bowl of jelly beans that she had been telling me about-- her realtor kept putting them out for the open houses and she couldn't stand the smell of in her house! It took me a second to process why she was sending me jelly beans, but once I realized, I could not stop laughing!
So, ladies, thank you to you both!

1 comment:

Deborah Taub said...

I just knew you'd love the jellybeans!! :)