Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tenge, Tenge, Tenge


That's "money" to all of you who don't speak Kazakh! Here's what the money looks like over there-- pretty, isn't it? I was able to purchase this currency from another adoptive family who had some left over from their trip-- this way, I will have something in my pocket when I arrive and won't have to worry about exchanging dollars for tenge immediately.. For $1.00, you get about 122 tenge-- so even though it looks like I am rich (I have 12,000 tenge in all) I am (still) not..
P.S.-- Ann, this is the test-- I uploaded these photos from my camera to my computer at work, no Kodak software.. Also, the pics were taken at a lower resolution (2.5).. I might just be getting the hang of this!

2 comments:

Deborah Taub said...

Tenge Tenge--how very cool! I should show you the Kroners. :) I am so glad you are getting it together in terms of posting---wait until the computer is in your posession! Go Jeannine! Go Jeannine!

AFlynn said...

Good Job G!