Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Boooo! No visit today...


So, this is a picture from earlier this week..
Lots of surprises today: we were told yesterday that we would leave the hotel early to go shopping for any remaining items needed for their travel bag, but last minute the plan changed: the shopping trip was canceled and the parents who visit in the afternoon (me included) were told they would not get to visit with the kids today. But the reason was a good one—we all had our interviews with the Ministry of Education instead. The interview with the MOE is required and you have to get a thumbs up from them before you go to court. We were all very nervous going in, trying to anticipate the questions and figure out the best answer. Everyone seemed to get different questions, from how much do you make to do you miss your single life without kids. The questions I fielded focused mostly on my support system and how I was going to fare being a single parent. We all passed! Now, with this interview done and the 14 day required bonding period just about up (tomorrow is day 14 for me & several of the families), all but one major hurdle are behind us-- going to court! I am scheduled for Dec. 23rd and I can't wait..

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you didn't have a visit. it must be so hard not to see her. what an experience you must be having in Kazakhstan. glad all went well with the MOE. thanks for brightening my day each morning with beautiful pictures of your daughter. can't wait to meet her and give her some big hugs.

Sandi said...

great news about making it through MOE and having your court date set. love the pictures of Noelle she is just so darn cute.

Sandi

Sarah and Andrew said...

Yea! The MOE is the hard part and so nerve wracking, we were so happy to get that over with too! Court is less stressful, so breathe a sigh of relief! We are enjoying the pictures of Noelle, although that stinks that you did not have your visit today. You are in the home stretch!

Sharon and Rob said...

Glad your MOE hearing is over with! Why is your court hearing still so far away? Maybe they will move that up now. That is what happened for us. Noelle is such a doll! I love seeing her everyday!

Sharon and Rob

Deborah Taub said...

no visit but whoo hoo for making it through the interview!

AFlynn said...

Yeah!!!!! I am so sorry that I didn't call today, Ronan made me go back to sleep and I was running late. This is great news about the MOE, of course you did great because you are a great mom. I will call you later and probably wake you up.
Ann

egalarza said...

WOW Jeaninne she actually gets more beautiful by the day!! So you are in the home stretch now so keep on truckin (lol) Be safe & well!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting through the MOE! They hold court on Sundays?

Karen said...

Congrats on making it through the MOE—things seem to be moving quickly for you or maybe it's because nothing is happening on my end.

I'm so very happy for you.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So happy everything is going well for you! Noelle is adorable in all these pictures!
I love this blog, thanks for keeping us in the loop :)

Sonya said...

Congratulations on getting through the MOE interview! It's pretty easy from here on out! I know it's tough not getting a visit with Noelle though!

Sonya

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeah! Get ER Done and bring that beauty home!

The Baldwins said...

The interview really is the hardest part. Court will be a breeze and will be here before you know it. Noelle gets cuter all the time!! The pictures are great!
Take care,
Pam

Regina said...

Oh my gosh, have you really been there that long? It seems like a blink of an eye from this side of the world!

Congratulations on passing your "oral exam." How nerve-wracking that must have been.

Can't wait to see more photos of sweet Noelle with her mommy!

Grandma said...

I have to say I love your blog and all the great commentss for support. I knew that you would ace the interview, because I know that you will be a wonderful mom. Noelle is so cute and thriving on the attention
Kay McNaughton sends her love, she for some reason cannot leave a message, but reads it every day
Love Mom