Friday, December 7, 2007

Noelle has discovered my glasses




And she likes them! Maybe a little too much, cause like every other baby I have ever known, she tried to pry them apart. Up until know, I've been wearing my contacts (to avoid such an issue) but today I was running soooooo late, I did not have time to get them in. Another quiet day at Shapgat. Noelle was awake when I arrived, but not dressed or fed, so we had to hustle through all of that. We did some more official paperwork today, for the Ministry of Education and for court. I learned Noelle's birth mother's name, that Noelle was born here in Karaganda, and that she was officially registered with the baby house on December 7, 2006-- so almost exactly a year ago. For 6 months she was on a registry that would allow only Kazakh families to adopt her, but nobody every did. Lucky for both of us!
No post tomorrow-- we do not have internet access.. See you Monday!

6 comments:

Sandi said...

Aww what a great post. I am so glad she is your daughter and you found each other. Enjoy your time and heres wishing that court will be soon.

Sandi

Grandma said...

I am so glad that she waited for you.

Love

AFlynn said...

Now you can blame Noelle instead of Ronan when you need new glasses!
Ann

Kelly and Sne said...

You two must be meant to be together as a family! Destiny has spoken. Noelle is so beautiful. You can tell from the photos that she is starting to come out of the institutional "shell" and really shine. How lucky you both are to have found each other!

Regina said...

She is such a sweet little darling! Her smile is soooo cute and she definitely looks just as happy to have found her mommy as you look to have found your daughter.

Thinking of you!
Regina

Anonymous said...

What a cutie, I've been following your post and in the few days you have been in her life she is blossoming. It's obvious. Congratulations, this is certainly a story of the right child waiting for the right mommy ;-)
Shannon