Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Mamas and the Papas

Congratulations to: Chris, Holly, Ansana and newly adopted Foxx;
Josh and Miranda and newly adopted Hannah;
Glenn and Lynn and newly adopted Christa; and
Joe, Imecoe, Damir and newly adopted Ravi

These are the families in our group that went to court yesterday and were officially declared parents! They said the whole process went very smoothly (good to hear) and was relatively quick. I still will not to court until sometime next week-- much of next week is either a national holiday or a religious holiday here in Kaz.

Noelle is well-- I will get to see her twice today. And I will try to make a stop into some of the other rooms to check on some of the other kids, like Nicholas, Kyle & Galena.. I saw Foxx already today, and he was all laughs. The bad news-- I cannot post any photos! Of your kids or of my kid.. The internet server is completely dead at the hotel. For now, I have found this internet cafe, but I cannot upload photos and doing just about anything is deadly slow. I heard about another cafe in town, which I may try to check out tomorrow.. So, communication from here on out is going to be limited. I will post when I can, including any photos when I can. In the meantime, thanks for all of your supportive comments and emails-- it makes my day to read them (when I can! :))

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Aunt Jeannine,

I hope you have a wonderful christmas. I like you staring at me (that's direct towards Noelle :). I hope to see you and I will be happy to see Noelle.

Gracie

Unknown said...

Hi, I just left a comment, but it has not shown up yet, and maybe it won't so I'm writting again. I am here with Grace and Tommy reading your news. Congrats to all your friends, Your day will be very soon now. I know that you will miss Holly. I miss my daily pictures of Noelle, it has been fun going in and sharing her with you, Take care,
Love Mom

Sharon and Rob said...

There is an internet cafe, Terabit, (red blding on the right), on the street, as you walk towards the open air market that can upload your photos to a file. It is a few blocks away from the hotel, just past the pharmacy, on the right. That is how we sent photos, we did not even have a lap top. The guy at the desk, makes a file and sends it to your computor. It is also much cheaper than the hotel. I hope you go to court soon!

Holly said...

Just thought I would let you know Chris and Ansana are snoring like crazy right now out cold with fat stomachs full of McDonalds and western food on a comfy featherbed you could die in! Wish my camera was working so I could do the scene justice! Enjoy your ramen noodles and mystery chicken dishes ;)

The Schmitt-Schilds said...

Hang in there Jeanine, its almost over. Soon you'll also be eating good american food and sleeping in a bed that is an actual bed. Then soon after little Noelle will be home with you.

Luv,CS4

Ps-Was I right about not brining too many sweaters?!

The Baldwins said...

Hey, I hope your internet issues are resolved soon so we can see more pictures of Noelle!
I hope court is in the next few days and you'll be on your way home to get ready for Noelle's arrival shortly!
Take care - not much longer now!
Pam

Karen said...

So wonderful to hear so many success stories. Hope all goes well for you too. Keeping my fingers crossed they do.

In the meantime, give Noelle a big hug for me.
Karen