Thursday, December 6, 2007

I hate trying on clothes-- nothing fits me right!



All of the kids being adopted here have to undergo a certain kind of "torture" each day—when the new parents pull out the bags of clothes that they have bought, to see if any of it fits! Not always an easy process, you see, because first you have to peel off 2 or 3 layers of clothes, just to get them down to a manageable amount of clothing. Nobody dares strip them down to their diaper—you always leave at least one of the layers that the caregivers deemed necessary, just so you don’t get in trouble :) Noelle is usually pretty compliant in this exercise, but today she had enough! You see, Mommy, she said, if you make me put my arms into those sleeves, I cannot play with this toy and I definitely cannot put it in my mouth! Of course, it actually sounded something like a high-pitched “aaaaaaggh”, but, man, she was not pleased with me! But I finally got her into one of her new outfits, the little pink number (the yellow duds are courtesy of the baby house), but you can still see in the picture that she is not entirely overjoyed about it. This is one of her “travel outfits”-- in mid January, the kids will be brought from here in Karaganda to the capital of Almaty, to be picked up by their respective parents. To prepare for that trip, we all have to provide a little travel bag, complete with clothes, diapers, food, etc. for the trip.
Most of it I have, but I still need to get some shoes. Ever try to trace the foot of a squiggely 1 year old? It turned out as well as you would expect!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Susan said...

aww she is so cute.
i remember when I had my son. I would play "dress up" with him, but he was only 2 months old. I still have a picture of him passed out in his rocker with the 5th outfit in. I just loved to dress him up. NOw, at 9, forget it, He won't ever try clothes on me.
He said the other day, Mom, you're going to have fun dressing baby Kaz up aren't you.

Noelle is just a cutie pie. She is great in pink AND yellow. :)

egalarza said...

She really needs to be on America's Top Model u are getting her ready early I see! (lol) You look so good and so so so happy! Keep on blogging I look forward to ready them every single day!!

Be safe & enjoy that precious little Noelle!!!