Monday, December 17, 2007

Here comes the judge!

My court date is tomorrow (Wednesday)! Mark it in your calendar-- December 19, 2007 is the day I will officially become Noelle's mother! (Hmmm.. Anyone know how you go about getting a day designated as a national holiday?)

Noelle is well today. She is pretty mellow during the morning visit, limiting her activity to lying down and playing with random toys. When she does venture away, it is usually because she has spotted something she can put in her mouth-- today that included a Russian stacking doll (the littlest one), a videocamera, a candy wrapper and a puzzle piece. If she knows any English by now, it is the word "no"! Yesterday afternoon, she was a bundle of energy-- playing games and walking (assisted by me) around the room again and again. She is doing very well picking up things that I am showing her-- she has started putting the rings onto the holder instead of just taking them off and, yesterday, she had an orange as a snack which I broke into pieces and she fed the pieces to herself. I don't know if this is new for her or not-- I haven't seen her eat any food that she could actually pick up-- but it was new for me! What else? She is much more verbal these days, especially in the afternoon and the caretakers tell me that is officially spoiled. She cries after I leave. Today, I went to bring her back and the whole room was crying, so she started as soon as I put her down. I didn't know what to do :( The caregivers shoo you away if you try to console them too much, and my departure was inevitable so I gave her a quick kiss and ran! Amicoe & Joe-- Ravi was upset during this little incident as well, so I took a few seconds to comfort him.. In general though, he is good! He was all smiles this morning, and Natalya came in to see him too and was holding him.

By the way, I think the caregivers think I am some kind of baby stalker.. I tried to go see Foxx yesterday, and the woman in his room gave me a very dirty look, told me he was sleeping, and NO! I am going to head to room 3 this afternoon to see all the kids there, if I can--this afternoon, Noelle's caretakers and I will be having a little party to thank them for the time and love they have given her. It should be fun, and I want to have lots of pictures of them to share with her later.

More soon.

18 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeannine,
Good luck at court tomorrow. May it go smooth so you can officially start the wait to bringing Noelle home.

Sandi

Sharon and Rob said...

Jeannine,
I'm so happy for you. Good luck with court, I'm sure it will be fine. Noelle will be coming home soon!

Sharon

Sonya said...

Jeannine,

We are very happy for you and Noelle! Sonya and I have enjoyed your posts and have seen through your words how the bond between the two of you has grown stronger with each day! Court will go well for you, don't worry about that! Will you be in Almaty on the 23rd? If so, we'd love to meet you!
Brent and Sonya

Monica said...

Congratulations! I'm sure court will be fine tomorrow.

What a wondrful Christmas present!

Glad to hear Noelle will be coming home soon!

Merry Christmas!

Love
Monica & Matt

Karen said...

I proclaim December 19th as the official "Gotcha Day" for all of Kazakhstan. I'll be thinking of you. Good luck in court.

AFlynn said...

I can't believe it is finally here! Good luck! You have always been somebody's "mom", including to me. Give her a kiss for me too, I hate to think of you coming home without her. :( See you soon!
Ann

Amy said...

Good luck in court!!! Will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. So many people have been having their court dates throughout Kaz in the last month I am permanently crossed. Will be watching to see how it went!!

Unknown said...

G-

I guess keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you that your court date will be moved up worked. That is great news!! I am sure things will go fine. I can't wait to hear your news tomorrow.

Shaz

egalarza said...

Best of luck tomorrow you know you will ace it!! You will be home with Noelle before you know it!!

Grandma said...

Best of luck tomorrow. I know that you will do fine. So she is spoiled already!! That is just great and the way it should be. Really it is only the beginning of spoiling her. I love her already and can't wait to hug her At last another girl in the family.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm the straggler here, but all of my body parts are crossed too! Little Natalya Noelle is just to die for, congratulations ;-)
Shannon

Unknown said...

Good luck on your court date. How exciting!! (It is also Victoria's birthday that day- she is 2! can't believe my baby is growing up and she has been home with us 14 months now!)

We celebrate each of our children's "gotcha days" with a cake with family and friends. Luckily all 3 of our children's adoption days were in September. Could not have planned that any better!

The time will fly now and soon Noelle will be back in your arms.Can't wait to meet her- hopefully you can come to CAH picnic in the summer!

Stay well!!

Kim P

Regina said...

Good luck in court! Thinking of you and Noelle every day, and especially this day!

Brian said...

Good Luck & Congrats!

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Congratulations Jeannine - we are all so happy for you! In your honor I will stop at McDonalds this morning and think of you while I am scoffing down a breakfast sandwich and hashbrown.
Ansana says Hi and she misses you.
Thanks for looking in on Foxx! Glad the restraining order seems to be working.

Karen said...

Jeannine—we're waiting on pins and needles—what's the word?

Karen

Amy said...

Yeah, I am getting worried. Post so we know all went well and you are all okay.